Wednesday 10 October 2012

September

September, the first month of my new plan, the month I should be gung ho, ready to commit and the most enthusiastic.  Well, that is true......but....it has been a challenging month on a personal level.  My job at the Olympics came to an end after two and half great years.  With lots of goodbyes, everyone going their seperate ways, there were quite a few drinks that needed attending!  Not the best start to training, but some really good parties:)  This coupled with some very difficult nights due to the kids deciding that now would be a good time to stop sleeping through the night have seriously impacted my ability to train.




I finally managed 1 cold water swim at the end of the month - just over an hour and a half in 11c, distance was around 5-6km ( couldn't swim in a straight line so not exactly sure!), not bad considering I haven't done any open water training since swimming in Dover harbour in June.

As for my strength training, i have done that exactly ..... er.... Zero times, yup not once!! How bad is that, but I do have an excuse, it's a rubbish excuse, but it makes me feel better. I fell over one evening whilst roller blading back from the station (great time saver), slipped on a wet surface and landed on my bum and right hand, really painful. I thought (in fact still do) think I may have done more than just sprained it. I left it a day to see if it would get better by itself, it did a bit and didn't seem to hurt to badly when I swam, but I couldn't put any downward pressure on it, so push ups were out of the questions. Absolutely no reason why I can't do sit-ups, squats, skip etc, but I just couldn't get it into my routine. Must try harder next month!

No comments: